About Boot Rental
Exclusive Service for cruises that start and end in Ushuaia onboard:
- Silver Explorer
- Le Boreal
- National Geographic Explorer
The heavy boots that are an essential item for Antarctic expedition travelers are often a one-time purchase and add inconvenience, environmental waste and expense to travel. Convenient Antarctic boot rental with free delivery to select ships is now available on select ships.
About Boot Rental
- Boots are delivered to and picked up from the ship
- For Antarctic cruises starting and ending in Ushuaia aboard: Silver Explorer, Le Boreal, L'Austral and NG Explorer
- Boots must be ordered 30 days before sailing
- Orders 29 - 15 days before sailing accepted but limited sizes are available
- Orders 14 - 7 days: may be possible through contacting Customer Care
- Orders 6 days or less: sorry, rental boots not possible
Cancellation and Promotional Policies
- Cancellation up to 15 days before sailing: full refund ($70 rental and $70 deposit)
- Cancellation up to 14 days or less before sailing: deposit not refunded ($70 deposit not refunded, $70 rental refunded)
- Promotional discounts cannot be applied to rental deposit
Refundable Boot Deposit
- Deposits are processed within 15 business days from disembarkation date
- No refund if boots are not returned or returned damaged
- Refund will be applied to the credit card used to rent boots
- $40 will be deducted from deposit if the provided ShopAntarctica duffel is not returned
Save Space, Rent Boots
Though essential for wading in icy waters during Zodiac landings, the proper boots are bulky and weigh between 4.5 lbs / 2.5 kgs to 6 pounds / 2.73 kgs. By renting boots, you are guaranteed to have the best boot to stay warm and dry in Antarctica, while gaining space in your luggage for expedition gear and clothing.
Rest assured, all boots are sanitized after each rental using products that have been proven to work in U.S. high-end ski resort rentals.
About Zodiac Classic High Boots
Comfortable, insulated boots are essential for expeditions to Antarctica. The Zodiac Classic High Boots are the top recommended boot for Antarctic peninsula expeditions and have been tested in Antarctica by expedition leaders. They are flexible, durable and comfort rated to - 30 F / -34 C so your feet stay warm. We have a range of womens, mens and childrens' sizes available.
Boots Rental Cost
The Zodiac Classic High Boots rental cost is US$140 per pair. ($70 rental, $70 refundable deposit received within 10 business days of returning the boots.) We have been asked why the rental cost of boots is similar to the purchase cost. Shipping the proper boots to Ushuaia incurs unavoidable shipping and customs costs. Boots are also available for purchase.
Add Expedition Gear To Your Order
Shipping to remote destinations is difficult, expensive, and requires plenty of lead-in time to ensure the package makes it to the ship. You may add expedition gear to your boot rental order (placed 30 days prior to sailing). You will receive free shipping on the boots, however, you will be charged a flat rate of $70 for orders containing items other than boots.
The Sustainable Choice
As former expedition staff and avid outdoor enthusiasts, we care deeply about preserving the pristine regions of the planet for the explorers of today and tomorrow. Renting boots is the right environmental choice when they are unlikely to be worn again.
Learn more about reducing your carbon footprint through renting boots.